NSS Parent Advisory Council
The NSS PAC provides assistance to the school in a variety of ways.
- It supports the athletics program through purchasing uniforms for sports teams and assisting with the cost of transportation to provincials.
- PAC supports school clubs, field trips and other programs as well, such as the Year Book club, Art Club, LGBTQ events, and others in the past such as robotics, wood shop, fitness club and archery.
- It coordinates, finances and serves at the weekly Hot Soup Program.
- The PAC also supports the Sexual Health Education program for senior students.
- In Spring PAC coordinates “Dinner In The Halls” luncheon for all the students, staff and guests, and in June, it hosts the ‘Welcome to Grade 8’ barbeque for parents and students.
- PAC purchased a dishwasher for room 10 in 2014 and through funds from DPAC in 2017 we are able to help the school relocate Cougar Snacks to Room 10 and make that room a gathering place.
The PAC is the officially-recognized voice of parents at the school. We have a facebook group for sharing announcements and requests for help and input. All parents and guardians of NSS students are welcome to join the group called Nakusp Secondary School Parents. https://www.facebook.com/groups/560853613984350/
The NSS PAC meets the last Wednesday of each month at 5:15 PM in the school’s library.
We are always looking for new members, so please join us and see how you can support your child’s school.
What is a PAC? Read this explanation on the BCCPAC website:
To contact the NSS PAC, please email email@example.com
2017/2018 NSS PAC Executive
Chair – Isabelle Bergeron
Vice-Chair – vacant
Secretary – Leah Gilliland
Treasurer – Richelle Coates
Directors – Kari Hascarl,
NSS PAC Meeting Minutes
NSS PAC Minutes May 28, 2018